Who is responsible for all the Legal paperwork?

As your Marriage Celebrant, I will be taking care of all the Legal paperwork so that you enjoy the excitement of getting ready for and enjoying the most memorable day.

What documentation is required when couples meet with the Marriage Celebrant?

When the couple meet with the Marriage Celebrant, they will complete and sign the Notice Of Intended Marriage document. For this, the couple will have to provide the originals of following documents:

  1. Original Birth Certificates (if born in Australia).
  2. Drivers Licence and/or Australian/Overseas Passport.
  3. Proof of Age Card with photo (if you do not have a Drivers Licence or Passport).
  4. Divorce Certificate if previously married.
  5. Death Certificate if previous spouse has passed away.

What if I can’t find my Birth certificate?

If you were born in Australia, it is an easy process to apply for a replacement Birth Certificate (online or in person) from Births, Deaths & Marriages.

It is a requirement for the Marriage Celebrant to sight the original Birth Certificate.

What if I can’t find my divorce papers?

If you cannot find your divorce papers, then you can contact the Family Law Court in the state where your marriage was dissolved, and they will issue a new Divorce Certificate. There will be a fee involved and it should be quick.

It is a requirement for the Marriage Celebrant to sight the original Divorce Certificate.

Where and when can we get Married?

I can perform your ceremony anywhere in Australia, on any day, at any time.

If you are looking to do your ceremony outdoors like a park or beach, then check with the local council or authorities as there is often a booking process and fee to pay. Always make sure you have a Plan B in case of rain, storm or heatwave.

How old do you have to be to get Married?

At least one of you must be 18. If one of you is between 16 and 18, then you need legal permission. Under no circumstances can two people under the age of 18 can get married.